We will identify the causes of the bad breath. Treat them accordingly. And set in place a program to maintain good oral health in the future.
Sweet Breath Dental Audit
We will do an audit of your mouth and evaluate:
– The sources of bacteria in your mouth, gums, teeth and tongue.
– Your general dental fitness to see what could be causing the problem.
– Identify whether there are any medical causes to the problem e.g. tonsillitis, sinusitis, bronchitis, diabetes etc.
If bad breath is not caused by a problem in the mouth, we will refer you to your GP for further investigation.
Sweet Breath Dietary analysis
We will analyse your diet, including medications that you are taking. This is to understand whether the source of the bad breath could be dietary. E.g. Low carbohydrate diet, alcohol.
Sweet Breath Lifestyle analysis
We will discuss any lifestyle factors which could contribute. E.g. smoking, drinking, poor general health.
Sweet Breath Cleaning
If we establish that the bad breath is from bacteria and plaque, we will do a thorough clean of your mouth, including all those areas that are difficult to reach. This will leave it feeling, tasting and looking fabulously clean.
Sweet Breath Prevention Schedule
We will help you start a routine for keeping your mouth clean and fresh:
– The best way to clean your teeth and gums and show you any areas you may be missing.
– Advise you on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
– Recommend a regular dental cleaning and check-up schedule to help us spot signs of tooth and gum decay early on and to supplement all the good work you’re doing at home.
We have had much success in treating bad breath and we’d love to help you if you think that you have a problem.
Bad breath bacteria live all through the mouth, gums, throat and nasal areas. If you floss infrequently, bacteria will build up at your gum line. This can certainly contribute to breathing issues.
Many people are. It can take a great deal of courage to make a visit if you’re a dental phobic. We hope that we can reassure you. Please click here for our approach to this very delicate subject.
If you think you may have bad breath, try to keep a diary of all the foods you eat and list any medicines you are taking. This will help us to treat the problem.
If possible, try not to mask the problem with mouthwash before you visit us. It may make it harder for us to help you.